Technical Sales Representative – Mid-West
This 65 plus year, privately held company is currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative to support our dynamic, team-based environment in Edmonton, Alberta. Our company delivers best in class sales, distribution and manufacturing services to the oil/gas, refining, power, industrial and commercial PVF markets. As a senior member of the team, this person will also carry the responsibility of leadership, by creating an environment rich culture where best actions, creates the best results. This includes but is not limited to process development, creating & monitoring procedures, training and creating an overall customer/market-based work place.
- Sales Territory: Saskatchewan, Manitoba, East Ontario, North West Territories, Nunavut, and any other areas as defined by the Director Of Business Development.
- Schedule meetings with existing and potential customers on a daily basis in order to review product requirements as well as seek out other opportunities.
- Customer base but not limited to: Plumbing & Heating Wholesalers, Mechanical Contractors, Industrial Contractors, OEM, Engineers, EPCM, & End Users.
- Support the corporate AML approval activities with regional end-users.
- Study market trends, customer behaviors and the current demand for goods in order to form strategies to increase sales.
- Conduct market surveys to identify prospective clients and competitive information
- Perform professional presentations on company products and field all questions.
- Organize joint sales calls and attend them with MAS Vendors, MAS distributors, and other MAS representatives.
- Continually update all customers on company products, new offerings, product launches, or changes and enhancements.
- Prepare a variety of sales status reports that would include weekly customer call activities, follow-up actions required, opportunities won- lost, and adherence to assigned budgets or targets.
- 100% Customer Service & Satisfaction.
- Domestic travel in the assigned region (estimated 25 – 50% of time, including some overnight stays).
- Other responsibilities as defined by the Director Of Business Development.
- 5-7 years direct industry experience in the PVF/distribution/manufacturing segment.
- 5 years or more experience in successfully managing multiple initiatives and managing direct reports.
- Strong motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to continually develop and mentor a cohesive team, that is self-sufficient, and strives to go the extra mile to support our client needs.
- Problem solver with a proven track record.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self motivated and detail oriented.
- Business management background.
- Qualified and experienced with MS-Office and all facets of Excel, Word, & Powerpoint
Post secondary education from an accredited University is preferred.