We receive two types of information when you visit our site:
- Information automatically collected
- Information you choose to provide
Information Automatically Collected
When you visit a website, certain personal information about you can be collected automatically. When you browse through our site, read pages, or download information, we collect certain information to measure how many visitors come to the different parts of the site so we can make the site more useful.
Example: We use browser information to help us design our site so the greatest number of people can view the pages correctly.
For every visitor, we collect and temporarily store the following information:
your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you go on the Web.
- The domain from which you access the Internet
- The website address from which you came to our site
- The date and time you arrived at our site and how long you spent there
- The name and version of your computer’s operating system and browser
- The pages you visited.
Some services on our website use “session cookies.” These are:
- Small bits of text temporarily stored in your computer
- Used to aid searching and navigating the site
- Deleted when you close your browser.
Note: If you disable cookies in your browser, it may cause problems with searching and displaying information.
Information You Choose to Provide
We collect and store no other information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide it. For example:
- If you send us an e-mail or submit an online form, we do not automatically receive your e-mail address. However, you will need to provide it to us if you would like an e-mail response. We will receive no other personally identifying information from your e-mail unless you provide it.
- If you submit a form on our website, we will receive only the personal information you include in the form.
- Children’s Privacy: We collect no information from children under 13. If a child sends us an e-mail inquiry or comment, we will answer it, then delete the e-mail from our files.
M.A. Stewart & Sons Ltd. Information Disclosure Policy
M. A. Stewart & Sons Ltd. will not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors to any third party unless it is required:
- By law
- For law enforcement reasons.
Other possible uses of your information:
- We will only use personal identifying information to respond to you, in which case various people may need to see the information you provide in order to provide a response to you.
- We may enter information you send into an electronic database to share with attorneys or investigators involved in law enforcement or policy-making.
- We may share information with government agencies that have public health or consumer protection duties, in which case M. A. Stewart & Sons Ltd. or any of those agencies may contact you.
- In other limited circumstances, including requests from Government or private individuals, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit.
Note: E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is sensitive, or if it includes personal information such as your social security number, you can send it by postal mail instead.